Dec 7, 2010


Festivals and special occasions from 9R Part 1
Maslenitsa

Maslenitsa is a fun festival. It takes place around the end of February and celebrates the end of winter and the beginning of spring. Maslenitsa lasts a week during which festival-goers eat pancakes which symbolize the sun. At the end of the week there is a big bon fire to say good bye to winter. I like this holiday very much. Besides I like to eat pancakes with sour-cream.

Birthday party is a unique type. Many boys and girls spend most of their time planning their parties – what theme to have, where to enjoy it and of course what to wear! Some parties are very informal. However everyone wants to remember this very special day. When I had my birthday party last I was excited. I had this special party at home. There was rich food, a photographer, flower arrangements, a special cake and much more. My friends gave me gifts and cards. I blew out candles. We ate food which was delicious. I’ll remember that day forever. My friends felt happy, enthusiastic, excited and cheerful.
Ponofidina Anna

New year.
In Russia we have a holiday which is very important for everyone. It is New Year. On this holiday we always decorate fur trees, eat special food and exchange presents. When the clock strikes midnight and the president gives us a special speech. After that we have a huge fireworks display. I like this holiday because it is a good chance to be with my family, friends and spend more happy time with them.

Shmidt Alexander

Two stars.

This funny festival takes place every winter. On this day in our gymnasium N 6 everyone comes to the assembly hall. Teachers and pupils participate in this competition. Teacher and students make a team. They show their talents on the stage. Winners are chosen by judges. It is a wonderful festival.

Birthday I was born on the 15th of June. Birthday is a very remarkable day for me.
Parents give me presents. I enjoy getting them. Most people have birthday party on this day.
This year I had my birthday party at home. My parents and I prepared for this day. We invited me friends and relatives to the party. I celebrated my birthday on Sunday. I got up early in the morning. My father and I went to the shop and market to buy everything we needed for the party. My mother stayed at home. She made cakes and laid the table. At four o’clock my relatives and friends came to congratulate me and I was glad to see them they brought presents: books, sweets, toys and many other things. We had good holiday dinner. During this merry party we sang songs, danced, made jokes and spoke about our life, hobbies and future.
I enjoyed my birthday very much.

Mel’nikova Ksenia

Knight tournament
This fun festival takes place every winter in February in gymnasium N 6. Only boys take part in this festival. Participants have the chance to wear carnival costumes. This festival of the fight also include music, dancing and colourful competitions. At the end of the festival the winner comes to light and takes the first place.

birthdayFor me my birthday is a special occasion. I was born on the 4th of July. In the morning on my birthday my parents lay presents near my bed. Usually we hold a birthday party in the evening. Once we went to a café to celebrate my birthday but usually we celebrate it at home. In the morning my father goes shopping and buys everything we need. My mother bakes cakes. I am always very glad to meet my guests. I like to get presents and flowers. We have dinner, sing songs, play games, tell funny stories. I think that my birthday is one of the best days in a year.

Ryaposov Artem

Victory day
I would like to tell you about Victory day in Russia. This festival begins on the ninth of May. People in all towns and cities of Russia celebrate this festival. In all squares they have parades. In these parades soldiers and veterans of different wars march along the streets. Then soldiers begin their performance. In the evening people have fireworks display. This is traditional festival.

One of the most special occasions is the eighteenth birthday. Many young people wait this day very long! So they are happy when they are eighteen. Because when you are eighteen in Russia you can drive a car, have a house and live alone (without parents). This stunning festival is only once in your life! This is very famous festival in the world.

12/22/2010

1. 分組報告Russian holidays
* 分工合作?
2. 老師們給的回饋 on Chinese holidays and food
* 沒完成的同學, 暫時無法給回饋 Ex.: 未修改, 未加出處者
3. 下次報告其他組的作品(Chinese holidays and food)
* 用英文報告
* 改寫其他組的作品
* 工具介紹:同義字

Your favorite Russian Festivals